Microsoft has released their new browser Microsoft Edge, you can download that here.Once, downloaded, walk through the setup process to copy any bookmarks or personal settings from Internet Explorer into Microsoft Edge.
B. Clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Clear Cache & Cookies in Internet Explorer
- Clear Cache & Cookies in Chrome
- Clear Cache & Cookies in Firefox
C. If none of the above options work, please download and install Google Chrome.
We develop and test in Chrome primarily, so while all browsers should work, Chrome is naturally the most reliable browser when using myPRSite.com.
How to add an iframe of your website to your press release
To add an iFrame of your website to your press release, first make sure you are in the Text editor above, this will not work in the visual editor.
Then copy/paste the following to the bottom of your press release, with your URL in place of yournamehere.com
<iframe src=”http://www.yournamehere.com” width=”100%” height=”1000″ scrolling=”yes”/>
Tips for Using Images in Your Press Release
- Use images that help explain your news or announcement.
- Only use images that have been “web optimized” (100Kb or less file size is optimal).
- If you use more than one image, make sure each has a similar height and width.
- Name your images with lower case characters without spaces or special characters.
- Never upload an image with the same name as a name you have used in a previous press release.
10 Simple Steps to Writing a Great Press Release
- Determine what your news is. What are you announcing? Are you announcing a new web site? A change to your web site? A new product? A new feature to your product? Are you voicing your opinion to a topic in the news? Have you hired someone new? What is your news. This is the first step to writing a press release. Everything else is easy.
- Look at other press releases on this site and get a feel of how a press release should look. Note: they are usually between 250 and 500 words.
- Next, put the dateline in the beginning of the first paragraph. Here is what a dateline looks like: City, State (myPRSite) Month day, year Here is an example New York, NY (myPRSite) April 10, 2014 — begin first paragraph now.
- Next, I always add the contact info and link to web site. I often forget to do this, so I do it right away. Also, I put ### at the bottom of the release to signify the end of the press release.
- Fill in the body of the press release with the what, when, where, how and why about the news. Everything should be written in third person. You should not have any sales pitches that make it sound like an advertisement or spam.
- Think of a few quotes from the owner or spokesman like this: Joe Smith, the owner of xyz commented “this that or the other thing”
- At the end of the release, put an “About the Company” or “About Us” section. Here you will list some history, qualifications or details about the company or organization.
- Once done, proof read and spell check the whole document. Also, search for photos that you can upload that help explain your news. We allow up to 10 photos in the press release.
- Have someone else proof read the press release and look at other press releases on our site to make sure you did not forget anything that others have done.
- Cut and paste your press release and details. Do not try to re-type your entire press release into our form. Cut and Paste!
Congratulations! You are now done with your press release.
Monitor your web stats to see clicks and check your pickups in a couple hours.
How to Write a Press Release that Search Engines Love
- The first three words of the headline. The first three words of the headline are more important than all of the other words combined in determining the effectiveness of your press release with search engines. These first three words must contain the key words that you want to find your web site under when people do a search in Yahoo or Google.
- Keyword density of the press release. You must use your target keywords the right number of times in the body of the press release in order for it to be effective. A good tool to determine keyword density is located here: http://www.visiblepr.com. This is a free tool designed specifically for press releases and determining their keyword density.
- Text links. Search engines absolutely love text links. Documents written by Google confirm this. A text link is simply text that links to a web site. For our site, myprsite.com we like the phrase “press release distribution”. Therefore, we link this text to our site as often as possible. This is how it looks: press release distribution. It is very simple and effective.
Those are the important three things and the only three that are absolutely essential. If you follow these three tips, you will have a press release that the search engines love, and it will drastically improve your web site’s rankings!
How to Write an Effective Press Release in One Hour or Less
The purpose of this article is to outline the basic steps and instructions for writing a press release quickly. Writers that follow these simple rules should be able to write an effective press release in an hour or less.
Headline:The whole writing process starts with the headline. The headline is a single sentence statement that announces what the news is. Companies, organizations or individuals have thousands of opportunities to announce news. A company’s news can be a new product or service, new feature, new website, new office location, new employee, new award… The headline should be 100 characters or less including spaces.
Body of Press Release:The body of the press release expands on the “Who, What, When, Where, How and Why” of the announcement or news. The details in a press release should be limited to the “facts” about the announcement or news. Opinion, fluff or hype is not appropriate. Statements about how the product or service is the most amazing innovation ever invented should not be included. It is important that readers form this opinion by themselves by reading the details (facts) in the press release.
Important Press Release Writing Tips:
- Press releases should always be written in third person.
- Press releases must be written with the “journalist” or “media outlet” as the audience. Never write a press release as if you are trying to sell to the reader. Press releases that resemble a sales letter are considered to be “press release spam” and will create more harm than good. Remember that the purpose of your press release is to announce your news, not sell.
- Always include plenty of contact info. A contact name, email address, phone and at least three links to your web site should be included in every press release.
- Company background info is very valuable. This is usually done by including a section at the bottom of the press release just before the contact info titled “About XYZ Company or Organization”
- Send a new press release at least once a month. With the huge amount of information on the internet, news is forgotten quickly. Some organizations even send a new press release every day. It is important to constantly come up with new and interesting news to announce to the public. Writers can find ideas for new press releases by reading the thousands of press releases at myprsite.com.
- It is important for a press release to be new, interesting, unique and exciting. Only the most interesting press releases get noticed.
- Keep your press release short and simple. 200 to 500 words is best.
- Add ### at the bottom of each press release to signify the end.
TEST: Did you Write a Press Release, an Article or a Sales Letter?
RaceDeck Featured on MTV2 Custom Car Series Funkmaster Flex Full Throttle
ShatterGARD Introduces Easy to Install “Peel and Stick” Vehicle
GARD Security Window Protection Films
Hmedicine.com Introduces Product Review Website
Best Media Room Award Given to DSI Entertainment Systems
Bean Bag Zone receives A+ Rating from the Better Business BureauAuthors claim women are partly, but unintentionally, to blame for their reputation as the weaker sex
GustBuster, The World’s Smartest Umbrella, featured in The Wall Street Journal
Aidmatrix Acquires NPower Texas
Green Dot Public Schools Awards Medi-Cal Billing Contract To Accelify
Norris E-Commerce Management, Inc. Joins the National School Supply & Equipment Association
Madison Wedding Photographer Goes Green
Jet Luxury Resorts Expands to The City Center at The Vdara Condo-Hotel
Ask yourself “what happened” after reading each of them. They each answer this question.
The following are either article headlines or sales letter headlines and NOT press release headlines:
Rejected Headline: condo or house: thinking of investing?
Problem: This would be an excellent headline for an article but not a press release. A good press release headline would be “Condo or House? Noted Real Estate Author Releases Report to Help Buyers Make this Important Decision”
Rejected Headline: Home Security Expert: Advice from Residential Security Expert
Problem: This is a good headline for an article about security but it is NOT a press release headline. It could be turned into a press release headline by changing it to this “Security Expert Releases Free Report with Important Tips on Residential Security”
Rejected Headline: Religion – The Key To Success
Problem: This is an article headline. It could be turned into a press release headline this way “Author’s New Book Explains how Religion is the Key to Success”
Rejected Headline: All Latest Electrical News in One Place with Dedicated Site…
Problem: This is NOT a press release headline. It could be turned into a good headline this way: “XYZ Company Creates a News Portal for the Electrical Industry”
Rejected Headline: Valentines Day Trucker Hat
Problem: This does not answer the question “what happened”. This could be turned into a press release headline this way “XYZ Company Releases New Line of Valentine’s Day Trucker Hats”
Rejected Headline: Can liposuction replace dieting?
Problem: This is an article headline. Press releases can not ask questions. Instead they must provide information. A way to turn this into a press release would be to change the headline to “Noted Doctor Tells Patients “Liposuction Should Never be a Replacement for Diets”
Rejected Headline: Celebrate Your Favorite Teachers Today!
Problem: This is a sales letter. A sure way to tell that it is a sales letter or advertisement is if it has a “call to action”. A call to action is when you are asking your customer to buy. This is not acceptable.
Rejected Headline: XYZ Resort Ensures You Will Allways Remember Your First Time…. In New York City
Problem: In addition to being a sales pitch, it is NOT written in third person. You can NOT use the word “you” in a press release unless you are quoting someone. In addition to being one of the generally accepted press release rules, it makes the press release sound like an advertisement.
Rejected Headline: Win a Free EcoSak Eco Friendly Bean Bag Chair for Earth Day
Problem: This is currently a “call to action” sales letter, but it could easily be fixed by changing it to this “Ecosak Announces Earth Day Contest With Bean Bag Chair as Grand Prize”
Rejected Headline: No One Can Beat XYZ Advertising
Problem: This is a company slogan.
NEXT: The body of the press release:Once you have a proper headline, the next step is to write the body of the press release. In the body of the release, you must elaborate on your headline by going into more detail about the “what, when, where, how and why” of your announcement or news. Once again, this is more detail about “what happened”.